Or in the Farm Ours Lady of the Bonsucesso (old Farm of the Device of the Rock, pertaining to would sesmaria of Inhama), that it went of Manguinhos to the Penha, passing for Bonsucesso, Branches and Pottery. However, according to Brazil Gerson, the devotion was result of the name of the quarter, not contrary it. For it, who brought this name for the first time for the region was D. Ceclia Vieira de Bonsucesso. It was famous for having, in 1754, remodelled and embelezado a chapel raised in 1738, for a worshipper of Saint Antonio. After this, the canaviais of the roundnesses had passed to be known as ‘ ‘ the fields of Bonsucesso’ ‘.
From there in ahead, it turned the name the quarter, the station of the Railroad Leopoldina and, is clearly, of the Bonsucesso Soccer Club. The Bonsucesso was established, in 12.10.1913, for a group of boys of 12 the 16 years, led for Altamiro de Castro Pig, in the house of the father of it, Francisco Da Silva Pig (that it finished adhering to the idea and if became the first president of the club), that current Av. of the Democratic ones (for request of the club of same name was in n 574 of the Road of the Penha, on which we say in our article ‘ ‘ Carnavalescas influences in the soccer carioca’ ‘) Street Cardoso de Morais (doctor and poet). Its inaugural departure was five days later, a victory of 3×1 on HERE the Riachuelo. It ordered its games in lands of the angito Device of the Rock and the outskirts, that the engineer Guillermo Maxwell had acquired for urbanization and land division.